- 1 tablespoon oil (I used EVOO)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup chopped onion (1-2 onions)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (level Tbsp.)
- 4 cups cubed organic sweet potatoes (not yams)
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3 1⁄2cups organic chicken stock or 3 1⁄2 cups of vegetable stock
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add curry powder and onions and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat if necessary. Add garlic clove and ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and pepper. Mix. Add stock. Cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables is very soft.
- Puree the ingredients in batches in a blender or puree the whole amount directly in the pot with a hand blender (if the pot is high enough).
- Check if you like the consistency of the soup. Add more stock or water if desired and adjust the seasonings (check if salt is needed). You can add more curry paste if desired, but most pastes need to be cooked first before adding to a dish.
Add unsweetened coconut flakes as a garnish!